New Delhi, MAR 11 2021|| News Desk
Mr. Sanjay Massey is associated with the Christian Community and many Christian organisations for the last 25 Years. The Christian Advisory Committee along with the entire Christian Community is very joyful to facilitate Mr Messey on this occasion and they are very confident and hopeful about him working closely with them. They are very confident and hopeful of Mr Messey working with the minority community.
Delhi Government appoints Mr Sanjay Massey as the Advisory Committee Member in The Delhi Minorities Commission for a period of three years.
Amongst those present during the ceremony were Mr. Zakir Khan, Chairman of The Delhi Minorities Commission along with other members of the Commission Ms. Nancy Barlow & Mr. S. Ajit Pal Singh Bindra.
Mr. Sanjay Massey is associated with the Christian Community and many Christian organisations for the last 25 Years.
The Christian Advisory Committee along with the entire Christian Community is very joyful to facilitate Mr Messey on this occasion and they are very confident and hopeful about him working closely with them. They are very confident and hopeful of Mr Messey working with the minority community.
The Delhi Minorities Commission was set up under the Delhi Minorities Commission Act, 1999 passed by the Delhi Legislative Assembly on 24.12.99 to safeguard the rights and interests of the Minority communities in the National Capital Territory of Delhi and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. The notified Minority Communities, as per the Act, are Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist and Parsi. The “Jain” Community has also been notified as Minority Community in the NCT of Delhi vide notification order dated 13.10.2008.
The Commission comprises a Chairman and two Members from the Minority Communities of Delhi, nominated by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
The Commission performs mainly the following functions:
- Examine the working of the various safeguards provided in the constitution of India or laws enacted by Parliament and the laws passed by the Legislative Assembly of Delhi for the protection of the Minority Communities, and to make recommendations to ensure their effective implementation.
- Monitor the implementation of the policies and schemes of the Government for the welfare of Minority Communities.
- Assess the representation of Minority Communities in the services of the Government, Semi-Government Bodies and Govt. Undertakings, Municipal Corporations of Delhi, Delhi Development Authority, New Delhi Municipal Council, other local authorities, and in case of inadequate representation, to recommend remedial measures.
- Look into specific complaints regarding the deprivation of the rights and safeguards of the Minority Communities and to take up such matters with the appropriate authorities for necessary action.
- Conduct studies, research, analysis in order to make recommendations to promote socio-economic upliftment of Minority Communities and hold seminars, debates, discussions etc. on the problems affecting the Minority Communities in Delhi.
Disclaimer:- This story has not been edited by Modern Shrines and is auto-generated from News Desk